Career Opportunity > VP Finance, North American Manufacturing Operations
Are you passionate about finance and interested in playing a key role in a company that is a leader in its industry and is looking to continue its growth?
Does the phrase "go fast slowly" resonate with you and pique your interest?
We have a challenge for you!
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Salary: To be discussed
- Work schedule: Full-time
- Telework/On-site: Hybrid and flexible
- Hours: Flexible
- Employment status: Permanent
- Shift: Day
Key responsibilities of VP Finance, North American Manufacturing Operations:
Under the supervision of Garaga Inc.'s CFO based in Quebec; your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring follow-ups with the team and management of our four factories on tactical and strategic issues surrounding profitability and operations optimization.
- Anticipating problems by having a deep understanding of our business model.
- Planning work and resources with stakeholders.
- Managing contracts and renewals of P&C insurance for our factories.
- Managing budgets and forecasts, factory by factory and consolidated, including:
- Capital investment requirements
- Project analysis with factory managers (such as potential expansion projects, process optimization, etc.)
- Standardizing accounting analysis practices (labor costs, other overhead costs) in terms of cost accounting.
- Standardizing our key performance indicators.
- Structuring team objectives (3 direct reports).
- Presenting financial information to factory managers and management.
- Implementing and monitoring internal controls.
- Supporting various supply chain and inventory analyses.
The VP Finance, North American Manufacturing Operations we are looking for:
- Relevant and progressive experience of at least 15 years, including several years with an accounting firm
- At least 10 years of team management experience
- Experience in a multi-site manufacturing environment
- Willingness to travel within Canada and the United States
- Curiosity, wanting to understand the business and the industry
- Data analysis focus
- Bilingualism (FR and ENG)
+Discover why Garaga is such a great employer
VP Finance, North American Manufacturing Operations
The best of both worlds!
The company is headquartered in the greater Beauce region and operates in the North American manufacturing industry. It enjoys an enviable reputation in its industry and maintains a sustained pace of growth with the recent acquisition of its second factory in the USA, bringing the total to 4 factories in North America.
To allow for all the challenges, latitude, and potential impact you are looking for. The co-presidents are young, ambitious, and give themselves the means to achieve their goals.
Strength in numbers and experience! The Big Garaga Team, it is close to 1,300 people, in 4 facilities (Barrie, St‑Georges (QC), Ponca City (OK, USA) and Bemidji (MN, USA)). A family business that has been thinking big for 40 years.
Financial health and a lot of growth. Friendly people who have given themselves tools and methods to integrate people humanly.
Canadian entrepreneurship at its best! A corporate culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.