Career Opportunity > Senior Human Resources Advisor
You have great people skills, both with
office & production line employees?
You are a Pro in Labour Relations?
This career opportunity is for you!
Garaga is looking for a Senior Human Resources Advisor who likes working in a unionized environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work closely with the organization’s leadership team to advise, counsel, and provide direction on all HR related matters. You will translate corporate HR strategies and expectations into operational initiatives and activities. You will be a key member of Barrie’s facility management team.
Garaga, the benefits
of a large company.
The support of a tight-knit team.
the best of both worlds!
Small is Beautiful!
Connect quickly with people, with room to grow and challenges, yet without too much hierarchy. We get to know you as a person.
Our Management Team in Barrie, it’s 5 people who are eager to get to know you and are committed to helping you in your new role. You will also be supported by our Head Office HR Team.
Designed for your happiness and your daily well‑being
Strong team work ethics: Our management team is open to coaching and guidance on developing positive employee relations. Our head office gives us the budget, the tools and the space we need to get things done and to develop friendly relationships both in the office and the production lines.
Top‑notch digital tools. Everything at Garaga is designed to help people do their jobs well. In the plant as well as in the office. Extranet with quoting and ordering for dealers. Automatic production start‑up. We've been fine‑tuning our systems for 20 years now. So, you can concentrate on what is really important in your job: relationship with the employees.
Be Part of Something Big
Strength in numbers and experience! The Big Garaga Team, it is more then 350 people, in 3 plants (Barrie, St‑Georges (QC), and Ponca City in the US). A family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years. An HR director and managers who have your work happiness at heart.
Financial health and a lot of growth. Friendly people who have given themselves tools and methods to integrate people humanly.
Entrepreneurship at its best! A corporate culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
- Business is People
Designed for your present and future happiness & well‑being.
Generous insurance's plans: Group Health Care Benefits – Dental, Health Care and Paramedical Services, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance.
Tools to support you in all areas of your life: Employee and Family Assistance Programs.
Dollars for your retirement: RSP Matching Program. The sooner you think about it, the more it grows! What’s more -Garaga invests with you!
Activities and gifts 100% provided by Garaga: Christmas activities, Annual Golf Tournament, and summer BBQs, training, 2 Garaga clothing items per year, etc.
You can see yourself with us?
As a Garaga Senior RH Advisor, you will:
- Provide expert advice on the interpretation and application of collective agreements, grievance handling and resolution, mediation and arbitration, and bargaining.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the management team and to the HR associate on developing positive employee relations and performance management within the framework of current policies and collective agreements.
- Implement and drive HR programs in support of Garaga’s HR strategy.
- Lead recruitment and onboarding activities, with the help of the HR associate.
- Supervise the HR associate who assists in processing of payroll and maintenance of benefit plans and who responds to employee queries regarding payroll and benefit plans.
- Act as advisor to the Health & Safety Committee, the Health & Safety programs (including procedures, corrective actions), and Health & Safety events.
- Advise on training needs and development.
- Lead case management for disability and attendance management programs.
Are You the Team Player We Are Looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, CHRP or CHRL designation
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources
- 5 years of experience in Labour Relations in a unionized environment
- Collaborative mindset that values strong performance and accountability, strives for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated consulting, mediation, and facilitation skills
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen, persuade, and achieve consensus
- Bilingual in French an asset.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Human Resources Advisor