Career Opportunity > Production Supervisor
Do you have experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment?
Are you good at using ERP boards to follow & achieve KPI’s?
This career opportunity is for you!
You have experience in a unionized environment. You are well‑known for your sense of priority and your communication skills. You enjoy using technology to improve production processes and planning. You might be the team player we are looking for!
Are you looking for a generous company, both in terms of salary and benefits? A modern company, with useful technological tools that make your work easier? A family‑owned Canadian business that has strong family values and walks the talk? A company in very good financial health and experiencing a lot of growth? Apply now! You'll have it all with Garaga!
For over 35 years, Garaga has been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. We are known for the reliability and quality of our products along with the impeccable service provided by our team.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will play a key role in maintaining the day-to-day operation of the facility. The primary responsibility is ensuring a safe work environment while optimizing production and minimizing costs to ensure maximum quality and efficiency.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Position: Full-time, Permanent
- Compensation: Based on experience
- Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday
- Garaga manufacturing plant: 333 Bayview Drive, Barrie, ON
You can see yourself with us?
As a Garaga Production Supervisor, you will:
- Promote a safe working environment by ensuring employees are aware of hazards and have the training to work safely
- Achieve production KPI targets through effective supervision including communicating job expectations and processes; coaching and training of employees; appraising job results; enforcing systems, policies, and procedures and disciplining employees when required.
- Execute daily production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules as needed. Reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Further the lean manufacturing culture by identifying and resolving barriers that prevent the team from achieving their targets.
- Maintains open lines of communication between employees, management and executives initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
Are You the Production Supervisor We Are Looking for?
- Min. 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Min. 3 years of supervisory experience in a unionized setting
- Post secondary education in related field of study
- Demonstrated experience of managing processes, process improvement, production planning and achieving targeted results (KPI’s)
- Professional drive for continuous improvement
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Solid communication, critical thinking and problem‑solving skills are necessary
- Strong understanding of applicable laws and regulations applicable to industrial environments (ESA, OH&S, and such)
Production Supervisor in Barrie, Ontario
Garaga, the advantages
of a large company & mutual
support of a close-knit team!
the best of both worlds!
Small is Beautiful!
Connect quickly with people, with room to grow and challenges, yet without too much hierarchy. We get to know you as a person.
Our Management Team in Barrie, it’s 5 people who are eager to get to know you and are committed to helping you in your new role. You will also be supported by our Head Office HR Team.
Designed for your happiness and your daily well‑being
Strong team work ethics: Our management team in Barrie is tight-knit and open to new ideas. Our head office gives us the budget, the tools, and the space we need to get things done and develop friendly relationships with the employees of the production lines.
Cutting-edge machines, software, and processes: We’re not buying the wheel; we invent the wheel we need. You should see our production lines’ control screens. We call them our Little Time Square. From the idea, through the design to the manufacturing. We think and build everything. Further than Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Kanban, we have taken the best of all these and used them to push our methods, processes, and machines. You will be able to rely on these tools to facilitate your work and achieve KPIs.
Be Part of Something Big
Strength in numbers and experience! The Big Garaga Team, it is more than 350 people, in 3 plants (Barrie, St‑Georges (QC), and Ponca City in the US). A Canadian family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years. An HR director and managers who have your work happiness at heart.
Financial health and a lot of growth. Friendly people who have given themselves tools and methods to integrate people humanly.
Canadian entrepreneurship at its best! A corporate culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING BOTH NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous insurance: Group Insurance Plan, Medical and Paramedical Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance.
Tools to support you in all areas of your life: Extensive Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), etc.
Money for your retirement: RSP Matching Program. The earlier you think about it, the more it pays off! In addition, Garaga invests with you.
Activities and gifts paid 100% by Garaga: Christmas activities, Annual Golf Tournament, and summer BBQs, training, 2 Garaga clothing items per year, training courses, etc.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.