Career Opportunity > Category Manager
Do you have a sense of finding the right opportunities?
You know which strategy to put in place to get outstanding results?
Do you know your way around garage door products?
Then this is for you!
Can you develop a strong, high-performance product distribution strategy? Do you know your product offering as if you made it and know how to meet and exceed business objectives? Do you have a thing for negotiations, distribution, and price strategies? If you are looking for a challenge that suits your skills in a company that has the means to achieve its ambitions, then we’ve got the perfect job for you! Apply to be our Category Manager for garage door openers, parts, and accessories!
The Category Manager is a key member of Garaga's Dealer Experience and Product team and plays an active role within the organization by defining the distribution strategy in North America.
Garaga is an authorized distributor of LiftMaster electric door openers and also distributes a large quantity of parts for garage door maintenance and repair. The Category Manager is responsible for revenue growth and the profitability of the products included in this product line. The North American portfolio for this category is over $40 million dollars.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Salary: To be discussed
- Schedule: Flexible - Over 4.5 days (It's possible to finish at noon on Fridays year-round if desired.)
- Telework/In-person: Remote or hybrid, flexible
- All the benefits of large companies, including: Garaga's 4% contribution to your Retirement Plan AND Free Virtual Health Care
- Job Status: Permanent – Full-time
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Develop the B2B marketing plan for each product included in this product category to achieve revenue goals.
- Implement an effective product distribution strategy in the United States to maximize revenue, while retaining existing customers and attracting new customers.
- Identify opportunities to increase revenue for the category.
- Develop pricing strategies for the category to maximize sales and profits.
- Develop product offerings and implementation programs with sales teams to capitalize on identified opportunities.
- Develop programs to introduce and maximize connectivity rates for our products.
- Regularly monitor sales results and profitability.
- Monitor the supplier network, competition, and customer expectations to have a comprehensive and optimal product offering.
- Negotiate commercial agreements with parts and accessories suppliers, with a focus on door openers and their accessories.
- Collaborate with each plant and business partners to optimize the success of commercial agreements.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure that all factories always have adequate inventory of products for all distribution channels and are able to meet direct demand from end customers.
- Monitor inventory levels to optimize them and develop management strategies to maximize margin, service, and working capital.
- Coordinate the product life cycle (introduction of new products through discontinuation).
- Supervise the technical support team for products and accessories.
- Conduct competitive and technology monitoring with suppliers to stay up-to-date with the latest market trends.
The ideal candidate for the Category Manager position: :
- 5 years of experience in the garage door and related accessories industry is an asset.
- 5 years of category management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, administration, or equivalent.
- Ease of communication and teamwork.
- Comfortable with negotiation.
- Initiative, autonomy, versatility.
- Bilingualism: the position requires collaborating with our plants, customers, and partners in other provinces in Canada and the United States.
+Discover why Garaga is such a great employer
The company is headquartered in the greater Beauce region and operates in the North American manufacturing industry. It enjoys an enviable reputation in its industry and maintains a sustained pace of growth with the recent acquisition of its second factory in the USA, bringing the total to 4 factories in North America.
- A manufacturer of residential and commercial garage doors founded in 1983
- 4 manufacturing facilities: St-Georges, QC; Barrie, ON; Ponca City, OK; Bemidji, MN
- Over 1,300 employees
- A leader in its industry
- In excellent financial health with strong growth and many acquisitions
- A dedicated and accessible team
- A large network of dealers and business partners in Canada and the United States
- A corporate culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
- Flexibles schedule and hybrid work (Telework/In-person)
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
Garaga’s Corporate team:
- 1 company headquarters located in the Greater Quebec City Area
- 2 ambitious co-presidents, who give themselves the means to achieve their goals
- A great executive team
- A stimulating and evolving environment
- Open to new technologies
- Plenty of change and agility
Garaga Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salaries
- Group Insurance Plan
- Medical and paramedical insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Wellness program
- Financial participation of 50% of the membership fees for fitness centers
- Information sessions on nutrition
- Recognition of years of service
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.