Last update: April 28, 2020
Garaga’s plants and supply chain
Since the Quebec government has added the construction industry to the list of essential services, the production at our St‑Georges plant has restarted since April 20.
Our Barrie (Can) and Ponca City (USA) plants are operating and have not experienced any interruptions, having always been classified as essential services in Ontario and Oklahoma.
Important health measures have been put in place in our 3 plants in order to comply with public health guidelines and to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID‑19.
As everybody knows, the situation is evolving quickly. Some governments’ decisions and recommendations are true today but may not be tomorrow.
Rest assured that we take the role we play very seriously in these unprecedented times. Social responsibility and solidarity are essential values for our employees and us. More than ever, they guide our actions and our decisions.
With prevention in mind, our entire network – from employees who will work remotely, to drivers, to our technicians – has implemented measures directly linked to the tasks each of us performs.
We are aware of the important individual and collective roles that each of us plays in these uncertain times. Every small action counts. Stay safe! We’ll get through this together.
Garaga’s dealer network
Garaga works with more than 140 dealers all over Canada and the United States. Depending on their state/province, sometimes even their city policy, they make sure to comply to all sanitary measures and offer allowed services. So, if you are:
- Wondering what services our distributors can offer while respecting the sanitary measures.
- Looking for a new garage door or a garage door opener for your home construction or home improvement project.
- In need of a repair or maintenance service that needs to be done quickly.
We suggest you find the Garaga Dealers near you and call them. It’s the safest and fastest way to get accurate information.
Garaga is extremely proud of its dealers. They go above and beyond to keep their employees, their customers, and their communities safe.
Our dealers’ priorities for service
In this period of crisis, our dealers give priority appointments (date and time) in the following order to:
- Hospitals and facilities supporting our health care systems
- Facilities related to essential public services (e.g. fire stations, police stations, etc.)
- Facilities related to an essential service (e.g. the entire food industry chain)
- Any other requests follow
Procedures implemented by our dealers for their teams in the field
Institutional and Commercial Work
- A strict COVID‑19 policy must be in place for us to do work.
- Our teams will comply with your policy to the letter.
Thinking of everyone’s safety, our dealers’ teams
- Won’t go into your house. They will stay in the garage.
- Will call upon arrival. You must open the garage and go back inside. They will call you back to let you know the job is done and talk about your project if needed.
GARAGA’s Employee and Dealers’ Employee Policy
- They must telecommute as much as possible
- They must always stay 6 feet from people
- No handshakes
- They must use hand sanitizers before and after going to a job site
- They must wash their hands very often and accordingly to the recommended methods
- They must avoid touching their face
- They must be absolutely certain that they are healthy (that is, meet the same standards as our dealers require of their customers)
Given the exceptional circumstances, for everyone’s safety, before going to a customer’s house, our dealers’ teams will confirm with each of them if they or someone living with them:
- Are in quarantine or self‑isolating
- Have fever or flu symptoms
- Have been diagnosed with COVID 19 or have been in contact with someone who has
- Have been outside the country in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has