Why do you want to replace your garage door?
This is the first question you need to ask customers who want to change their garage door. If you want to give them good advice, work with the following questions to understand their exact needs.
Find out about the project
- The garage fits one or two cars?
- If it's a garage for two cars, one double or two single doors?
- What budget is allocated for purchase?
About the garage
- Is it attached to the house?
- Is it detached?
- Is it heated? Is it climatised? Will it be used for activities other than parking a car?
- Is it underneath the house? Is there an entry door to or for the garage?
- Is there a room above the garage?
- Is there a garage door opener? Does it need to be replaced?
- Should the door provide added security against theft?
Importance of aesthetics
- What style is the home: traditional, contemporary or carriage house?
- Are they planning on changing the style of the home?
- Do they want to improve their home's curb appeal?
- Door design and color?
- Garage door opener?
- Related work needed (e.g. door framing)?
- Installation: specialist or do-it-yourself?
Our internal surveys show there are at least 4 reasons that initiate the purchase of garage door
|Tired of painting it!|
Garaga doors are made with baked polyester paint and are offered in a wide selection of colors.
Standard+: 11 colors
Acadia 138: 8 colors
Village Collection: 9 colors
Vantage: 9 colors
Regal: 12 colors
Top Tech: 1 color
H‑Tech: 3 colors
North Hatley: 9 colors
|Tired of how it looks!|
Garaga doors offer models to compliment different home styles.
|Tired of being cold or hot?|
Our garage doors, insulated with high‑pressure injected polyurethane, provide a thermal resistance of R 12 or R 16. As well, these doors have the best weather protection systems with their InterLokTM seals, their ThermaBlokTM frame weatherstripping, their U‑shaped bottom weatherstripping, and their wood end blocks that prevent heat transfers between the outside and the inside of the door.
|Tired of fixing it!|
Garaga doors are 1 3⁄8", 1 ¾" or 2" thick, making them twice as strong as polystyrene doors. Our Dura+ residential hardware ("14‑gauge" tracks, nylon rollers with 11‑ball bearings, anchoring welded to rails, 3 reinforcement bars for double doors) doubles the life span of your garage door.
Many installed garage doors for less than $1000. Consult How much does a residential garage door cost?