Job Opportunity > Dock Worker > Day or Afternoon Shifts
Loads of Benefits. All Your Sundays OFF. Enjoy better work life balance with GARAGA’s Mid‑America Facility!
You enjoy physical work? You strong and able to lift up to 65 lb. unassisted? You have a family and want your company to acknowledge that by supporting the people you love the most with a great benefits package? You love to put your autonomy, your sense of priorities and of doing things right into your job? You prefer a just‑big‑enough team and organization? YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH US!
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Compensation: First 90 days - $11.50/hour + .50/hour perfect attendance bonus.
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hrs./ week
- Day Shift: Monday to Thursday - From 5 AM to 3:30 PM
- Afternoon Shift: Monday to Thursday – From 3:15 PM to 1:45 AM
- Overtime: As needed but almost always available
- Garaga’s Mid‑America manufacturing plant: Ponca City, OK
A tight‑knit team with a great A/C lunchroom to relax and stay connected 😊
GARAGA & MID-AMERICA, The Advantages That Come with A Just‑Big‑Enough Company, and the Cohesion, Respect & Fellowship of a Small Enough Team. The Best of Both Worlds.
Just Big Enough
Strength in numbers and experience! The Great Garaga Team is 350 people and 3 factories. A family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years. HR experts and managers who care about your happiness at work.
Facilities that are constantly improving. Welcoming people who have developed tools and methods to integrate people on a personal level.
A company culture of generosity, respect and recognition.
BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
A GROWING company: Our sales and production are going extremely well, even with the COVID‑19 situation. No slow down. No part‑time jobs. Permanent, year-round jobs.
But Small Enough to Care!
To build relationships, have fun, not too much hierarchy, but with advancement and challenges. We know you as a person.
We are looking forward to getting to know you. Our Warehouse Team is committed to helping you with your new duties.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING EVERY DAY
The strength of teamwork: The Shipping & Receiving department is a team of people helping each other. Your supervisor is friendly and very approachable. You have coworkers who are there to show you how to do it. The tasks are varied. It's easy to get to know each other, get along well and have a good work atmosphere. Here, you are NOT a NUMBER!
Do you like having the right tools? Are you comfortable with electric hand and pallet trucks? Do you like working with straightforward order forms? A well thought-out, computerized inventory system? A clean workspace you can be proud of? At Mid-America, by GARAGA, we like to be properly equipped and offer you a quality work environment with all the tools you need to do your job well and safely.
Your Mission, If You Accept it, is to:
- Primarily, load and unload products onto and off trucks and trailers often with 50‑65 pounds loads and frequently lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying products.
- Be able to work independently and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Report accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance on machines and hand tools.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
Are You the Super Teammate We Are Looking For?
- Work experience in manufacturing, shipping & receiving or relevant industry
- Forklift and/or pallet truck experience an asset
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to follow spoken or written English work methods
- Work in safely and follow safety procedures
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF YOU ARE:
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work independently, with minimum supervision
- Able to stand & walk for long periods of time
- Able to lift product up to 50‑65 lbs on a frequent basis
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Loading/Unloading Experience: 3 months
- High School Education
- Good level of English, both written and verbal.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS EXPLAINED MORE SPECIFICALLY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands to manipulate or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dock Worker > Day or Afternoon Shifts