Before getting started, it’s important to know that Garaga window frames are made of polypropylene and not PVC. The frame is one-piece (molded in a single casting) and without joints. Follow these steps to get excellent results:
Use latex paint to repaint the window frames on your garage door.
To help you make an
enlightened choice about adding windows to your new garage door, contact us! What’s more, we can provide you with a free quotation.
- Cover the surface around the frame as well as the glass with masking tape.
- To obtain the best results, a coat of primer is needed (ex.: Benjamin Moore: STIX Bonding Primer)
- Use latex paint (100% acrylic, exterior).
- Start by washing the frame with trisodium phosphate (TSP).
- Lightly sand the surface with fine sandpaper (grade 180 or 220). Acetone does not need to be used to soften the PVC.
- Do not apply paint in direct sunlight.
- A second coat may be needed. You be the judge.
To view all our Garaga window models, simply use our Design Centre. This way you can create your next dream garage door!