Product comparative table for residential garage door openers
Garaga offers a wide range of residential electric garage door openers. Keep in mind:
Headroom (space over the header)
- Minimum: 6 in (152 mm) - use a Trolley operator.
- Standard: 14 in (356 mm) - à use a Trolley operator.
- Over than 15 in (881 mm) - use a Jackshaft operator.
- If cathedral roof (slope) - use a Trolley or Jackshaft operator.
- If door height is over than 8 ft (2.4 m), garage for RV, less than 3 day operations, you can use a residential operator.
- If condo / apartment building à consult our “commercial door” section.
Type of operators
- Chain Drive
- Belt Drive (reinforced)
Security Systems (mandatory)
- Mechanical Reverse
- Photo‑cell Beam
- Exterior Key Pad: open/close from outside; code of 4 digits.
- Battery Back‑up: in case of electric failure, some opener models offer this option.
- Security+ 2.0 Technology: with every click, a new code is sent to the Garage Door Opener, so the door opens only for you. with every click, a new code is sent to the Garage Door Opener, so the door opens only for you.with every click, a new code is sent to the garage door opener, so the door opens only for the homeowner.
- MyQ Technology: you can open/close your door with your smart phone.