Career Opportunity > General Manager
Do you have a proven leadership ability and strong manufacturing experience?
Do you have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills?
This career opportunity is for you!
Is the sentence "We want to go fast slowly" appealing to you? If so, we have THE opportunity for you. Are you looking for a generous company, both in terms of salary and benefits? A modern company, with useful technological tools that make your work easier? A familyowned Canadian business that has strong family values and walks the talk? A company in very good financial health and experiencing a lot of growth? Apply now! You'll have it all with Garaga!
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH US!
For over 40 years, Garaga has been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. We are known for the reliability and quality of our products along with the impeccable service provided by our employees.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Compensation: Based on Experience
- Work hours: Full-time
- Job status: Permanent, Non-Union Position
- Benefits: Extended Health Care, LTD, RSP Matching Program AND Free Virtual Health Care
The General Manager is a senior leadership position responsible for overseeing and optimizing all aspects of the manufacturing operations within the business unit. This role requires a dynamic individual with a strong blend of strategic thinking, operational expertise, and leadership capabilities to drive the achievement of production targets, quality standards, and operational efficiency.
The General Manager is a member of the Group Executive Manufacturing leadership team, reports directly to the Vice President Manufacturing Excellence and collaborates closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of manufacturing processes.
Our General Manager Key Characteristics and Abilities:
- Understand regional market and customer needs. Develop in collaboration with sales and marketing a comprehensive strategy to differentiate ourselves in terms of service, quality and product offering.
- Develop and execute new product introductions and improvements based on material cost optimization and voice of customer programs.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive manufacturing strategy aligned with the overall organizational goals.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance operational efficiency, reduce waste, and increase productivity.
- Implement best practices in manufacturing processes, technologies, and methodologies to maintain a competitive advantage
- Optimize supply chain where improvements can be made to streamline processes, reduce costs, and enhance overall performance.
- Monitor and manage production schedules, capacity planning, and resource allocation to meet customer demands and delivery targets.
- Oversee production planning, scheduling, and inventory management to ensure optimal levels of raw materials and finished goods.
- Implement and maintain quality control and assurance programs to ensure products meet or exceed industry and customer standards.
Team Leadership and Development
- Develop efficient relationships with our customer and supplier networks.
- Lead, motivate, and develop a high-performing manufacturing team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous learning.
- Provide clear direction and performance expectations, conducting regular performance evaluations, and identifying training and development opportunities.
- Foster a safe working environment, adhering to health and safety regulations and promoting a culture of safety awareness.
- Develop and manage manufacturing budgets, analyzing cost data and implementing cost-saving measures.
- Optimize resource utilization and minimize waste to achieve production targets within budget constraints.
- Collaborate with finance and procurement teams to ensure efficient supply chain management and cost-effective sourcing of materials.
- Work closely with engineering, quality assurance, research and development, and supply chain functions to ensure seamless product development and production processes.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to align production capabilities with market demands and customer expectations.
- Foster strong relationships with external partners, suppliers, and vendors to ensure timely and quality supply of materials.
- Lead and manage change initiatives, adapting manufacturing processes to respond to evolving market conditions and technological advancements.
- Drive a culture of innovation and adaptability, encouraging the adoption of new technologies and practices to improve manufacturing processes.
Communication and Reporting
- Provide regular updates and reports to executive leadership on manufacturing performance, key metrics, and strategic initiatives.
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, ensuring alignment of manufacturing goals with broader business objectives.
The General Manager Profile we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business Administration, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Proven track record of successful manufacturing leadership, with at least  years of experience in progressively responsible roles.
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma methodologies, and other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Proficiency in manufacturing software systems and tools (e.g., ERP systems, production planning software).
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, budgets, and resources.
- In-depth understanding of industry regulations, safety standards, and compliance requirements.
Garaga, the benefits
of a large company
The support of a tight-knit team.
The best of both worlds!
Be Part of Something Big
Strength in numbers and experience! The Big Garaga Team, it is more then 1200 people, in 4 plants (Barrie, St-Georges (QC), Bemidji (MN), and Ponca City in the US). A Canadian family business that has been thinking big for over 40 years. An HR director and managers who have your work happiness at heart.
Financial health and a lot of growth. Friendly people who have given themselves tools and methods to integrate people humanly.
Entrepreneurship at its best! A corporate culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING BOTH NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous insurance: Group Insurance Plan, Medical and Paramedical Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance.
Tools to support you in all areas of your life: Free Virtual Healthcare, Extensive Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), etc.
Money for your retirement: RSP Matching Program. The earlier you think about it, the more it pays off! In addition, Garaga invests with you.
Activities and gifts paid 100% by Garaga: Christmas activities, Annual Golf Tournament, and summer BBQs, training, 2 Garaga clothing items per year, training courses, etc.
But Small Enough to Care!
To build relationships, have fun, not too much hierarchy, but with advancement and challenges. We know you as a person.
We are looking forward to getting to know you. Our Team is committed to helping you with your new duties.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING EVERY DAY
Strong team work ethics: Our management team is open and develops positive employee relations. Our head office gives us the budget, the tools, and the space we need to get things done and to develop friendly relationships both in the office and with customers.
Top-notch digital tools. Everything at Garaga is designed to help people do their jobs well. In the plant as well as in the office. Extranet with quoting and ordering for dealers. Automatic production start-ups. We've been fine-tuning our systems for 20 years now. So, you can concentrate on what is important in your job: relationship with the employees.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.