Career Opportunity > Production Manager in Bemidji MN
You are passionate about the manufacturing industry and you have an eye for details, as well as positive leadership skillls? Our motto "We want to go fast but slowly" is meaningful to you? We have THE job opportunity for you.
Located in one of our plants in Bemidji, MN, and under the supervision of the Plant Manager, as a Production Manager you will be responsible for overseeing all the manufacturing activities taking place at the plant.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hrs./ week, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Benefits: 401(k), insurance package, paid time off, referral program, and much more
- Nice to know about the area: The perfect place - even PARADISE - for fishing, hunting and outdoor lovers, 15 minutes away from beautiful and well-preserved lakes and forests
OUR PRODUCTION MANAGER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train and mentor the staff in the principles, methods, and applications of the Lean process
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Oversee a workforce of 100+ employees in the manufacturing department
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR OUR PRODUCTION MANAGER POSITION
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Production Manager in Bemidji MN