Career Opportunity > Human Resources Assistant
Do you have a talent for human relations?
Are you a person who likes to offer support to your peers?
Do you thrive in building strong relationships?
We are looking for someone like you to become our human resources assistant!
We are constantly growing and in order to help us reach our goals, we are continuously looking for passionate people to join our company.
For over 35 years, we have been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. As a growing, family-owned company, we are known for the reliability and quality of our products as well as the impeccable service provided by our employees.
In order to support our growth, we are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant for our Ponca City Operations, based in Oklahoma. In this key role, you will be responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations. You will also be responsible for maintaining office supplies and safety personal protective equipment (PPE) inventory.
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH US!
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Full‑time, Permanent
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hrs./ week, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
- Garaga’s Mid‑America manufacturing plant: Ponca City, OK
As our Human Resources Assistant you will:
- Maintains up to date employee attendance
- Handles employment application intake and schedules interviews
- Conducts interviews for hourly plant employees
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Conducts new-employee orientations
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions
- Prepares job postings
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists the manager with HR projects
- Assists with benefits administration
- Maintains and orders safety and office supplies as needed
- Coordinates meals for meetings
- Assists in the coordination and execution of all employee engagement activities
- Maintains safety training records and the Inventory of the SDS sheets
- Calls in Workman’s Compensation injuries and maintains OSHA 300 form
- Other duties that may be assigned
The Human Resources Assistant we are looking for:
- High School
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Applications
- Two years of working and/or related experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer service
- Strong problem-solving Skills
- Ethical Practices (confidentiality)
- High attention to detail
Human Resources Assistant
GARAGA & MID-AMERICA, The Advantages That Come with A Just‑Big‑Enough Company, and the Cohesion, Respect & Fellowship of a Small Enough Team.
The Best of Both Worlds.
Just Big Enough
Strength in numbers and experience! The Great Garaga Team is more than 1200 people and 4 facilities. A family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years. HR experts and managers who care about your happiness at work.
We are improving constantly improving. Welcoming people who have developed tools and methods to integrate people on a personal level.
A company culture of generosity, respect and recognition.
BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
A GROWING company: Our sales and production are going extremely well, even with the COVID‑19 situation. No slow down. No part time jobs. Permanent, year‑round jobs.
But Small Enough to Care!
To build relationships, have fun, not too much hierarchy, but with advancement and challenges. We know you as a person.
We are looking forward to getting to know you. Our Warehouse Team is committed to helping you with your new duties.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING EVERY DAY
Strong team work ethics: Our management team is open to coaching and guidance on developing positive employee relations. Our head office gives us the budget, the tools and the space we need to get things done and to develop friendly relationships both in the office and the production lines.
Top-notch digital tools. Everything at Garaga is designed to help people do their jobs well. In the plant as well as in the office. Extranet with quoting and ordering for dealers. Automatic production start-ups. We've been fine-tuning our systems for 20 years now. So, you can concentrate on what is really important in your job: relationship with the employees.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.