Career Opportunity > Controller
Are you a CPA and ambitious?
Do you have experience in a manufacturing environment
and are looking for a new challenge with a company in excellent financial health?
We have your next job!
Garaga Mid‑America is growing even with the COVID‑10 situation and is looking for a Controller in their Ponca facility.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will lead the accounting and financial control function of Mid‑America Group Inc.
The Controller is responsible for the supervision and performance of all financial functions in preparing the organization's financial and control statements. Plus, he or she will ensure that the company has the systems, procedures and a robust control environment in place to support operations.
GARAGA & MID-AMERICA, The Advantages That Come with A Just‑Big‑Enough Company, and the Cohesion, Respect & Fellowship of a Small Enough Team. The Best of Both Worlds.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Compensation: Very competitive
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hrs/week, Monday to Friday
- Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, dental insurance, disability insurance, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, health insurance, life insurance, paid time off, referral program, retirement plan, vision insurance. Company pays 65% of benefits after 60 days.
- Garaga US Manufacturing Plant: Ponca City, OK
- A large company with over 350 employees
- A leader in its industry
- In excellent financial health
- Strong growth and many acquisitions
- A manufacturer of residential and commercial garage doors founded in 1983
- 3 manufacturing facilities: St Georges, QC, Barrie, ON and Ponca City, OK
- A large network of dealers and business partners in Canada and the United States
- A strong basis of finance and accounting is in their DNA
- A clear mission and vision with strong values.
Primary responsibilities of the Controller:
- Lead month-end and quarter-end processes, including the closing to the financial statement reconciliations.
- Contribute to the forecasts and ensure proper assumptions for each scenario, including risks and opportunities.
- Procure value-added profitability analysis of the business unit and support action plan and recommendations to meet the annual budget.
- Participate in the annual budget process.
- Evaluate compliance with internal control best practices and make sure the company is maintaining an environment that meets ongoing requirements
- Support the annual audit and tax work in cooperation with outside accountants to complete the process in a timely fashion.
- Establish and interpret the relationships between financial results and operational performance to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the analysis of operational and financial performance indicators to contribute to the unit's decision-making process.
- Contribute, as a financial expert, to the business development of his or her unit and ensure its coordination by the strategic plan of his business unit.
- Support the management of his or her unit in the application and monitoring of business processes.
- Ensures the reliability, completeness and compliance of the financial information produced.
- Implement the best financial and accounting management practices and share best practices in his/her specialty throughout the organization.
- Analyze KPI's, release accurate information, identify opportunities for improvement and contribute with decision making.
- Support ad hoc projects for management review.
- Support business partners in the application and follow-up of business processes.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial information and ensure conformity with Company standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, specialized in accounting.
- CPA designation (a must).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years' experience in supervision role.
- Ability to make decisions, have a sense of team spirit, be action and results oriented.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Be dynamic and, resourceful, have good judgment and a sense of initiative and innovation.
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Controller – Garaga Mid-America Ponca facility