Career Opportunity > Buyer
The Purchasing Department of a Manufacturer, that’s your thing?
You have 3 years of experience, and you love working with technological tools?
We have a job for you!
We are constantly growing, and to help us reach our goals, we are continuously looking for passionate people to join our company.
For over 35 years, we have been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. As a growing, family‑owned company, we are known for the reliability and quality of our products as well as the impeccable service provided by our employees.
Your Day to Day: Garaga is looking for a Buyer for its plant in Ponca City, OK. You will research, evaluate, and buy products to meet our daily operational needs. The ideal candidate for this position is an astute, analytical, skilled negotiator and a "deal-maker".
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Compensation: To be discussed
- Regular hours of work: 40 hr./week
Our Buyer’s Main Responsibilities:
- Process weekly orders to ensure accuracy between suppliers and our ERP system
- Review orders requirements, issue POs, confirm order acknowledgment
- Maintain ERP system (supplier price, lead time, preferred supplier, economic order quantity, safety stock)
- Resolve invoice discrepancies relating to pricing, quantities, PO numbers or similar issues
- Receive and monitor daily deliveries
- Handles inventory management with daily cycle counting, lean management of floor space optimization, total cost of ownership to ensure best value of product for price, delivery, and quality
- Responsible for avoiding stock-outs, communicating with appropriate stakeholders, inventory, on-time delivery, supplier QA resolution
The Qualifications We Are Looking for in Our Buyer:
- Experience in procurement/manufacturing role: 5 years or more
- Experience in a buyer/planner role: Minimum 3 years
- Prior experience in an MRP environment preferred
- Experience managing suppliers and a solid track record of utilizing negotiation skills
- Demonstrated track record of building relationships, showing flexibility, utilizing strong communication skills, and incorporating “big picture” strategic thinking
- Excellent attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and strategies based on defined corporate goals and initiatives
- Operate effectively in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented culture that emphasizes professional development
- Proficient with Excel
GARAGA & MID-AMERICA, The Advantages That Come with A Just‑Big‑Enough Company, and the Cohesion, Respect & Fellowship of a Small Enough Team.
The Best of Both Worlds.
Just Big Enough!
Strength in numbers and experience! The Great Garaga Team is 350 people and 3 facilities. A family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years.
We are improving constantly improving. Welcoming people who have developed tools and methods to integrate people on a personal level.
A company culture of generosity, respect and recognition.
BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
A GROWING company: Our sales and production are going extremely well, even with the COVID‑19 situation. No slow down. No part‑time jobs. Permanent, year-round jobs.
But Small Enough to Care!
To build relationships, have fun, advancement possibilities, and challenges. We know you as a person.
We are looking forward to getting to know you. Our Management Team is committed to helping you with your new duties.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING EVERY DAY
The strength of teamwork: It’s in our DNA to help each other. Your supervisor is friendly and very approachable. You have coworkers who are there to show you how to do it. The tasks are varied. It's easy to get to know each other, get along well and have a good work atmosphere. Here, you are NOT a NUMBER!
Top-notch digital tools: Everything at Garaga is designed to help people do their jobs well. In the plant as well as in the office. An ERP integrating all the steps of ordering from suppliers. Extranet with quoting and ordering for dealers. Automatic production start-ups. We've been fine-tuning our systems for 20 years now.
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.