Career Opportunity > Human Resources Administrator
You have great people skills, both with office & production line employees?
You know the hiring process like no one and are always open to improving it?
This career opportunity is for you!
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will play a key role in maintaining the day-to-day administrative support of the facility and distribution centres.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Compensation: Based on experience
- Regular hours of work: Monday – Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Garaga manufacturing plant: Barrie, ON
You can see yourself with us?
As a Garaga HR Administrator, you will:
- Facilitate recruitment initiatives including screening resumes, phone interviews, and plant tours / face-to-face interviews.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to develop recruitment advertising campaigns.
- Conduct new hire orientations and onboarding programs.
- Track new hire evaluations and training milestones for successful completion.
- Monitor employee absenteeism and assist with attendance management program.
- Assist in processing of payroll and maintenance of benefit plans; respond to employee queries regarding payroll and benefit plans.
- Maintain employee communication boards with relevant information.
- Coordinate company events and employee engagement activities.
- Preparing letters, reports, memos, meeting minutes, other documents as required.
- Assist management team with ad hoc projects and admin tasks.
- Answering office phone calls and directing them to appropriate parties or receives and forwards messages.
Are You the Team Player We Are Looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree and/or College diploma in Human Resources, CHRP designation
- 1-2 years’ experience in Human Resources or Office Administration
- Collaborative mindset that values strong performance and accountability
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze information and provide executive summary
- Comfortable within a manufacturing setting, able to tour large production facility
- Bilingual in French an asset
Human Resources Administrator
Garaga, the benefits
of a large company.
The support of a tight-knit team.
the best of both worlds!
Small is Beautiful!
Connect quickly with people, with room to grow and challenges, yet without too much hierarchy. We get to know you as a person.
Our Management Team in Barrie, it’s 5 people who are eager to get to know you and are committed to helping you in your new role. You will also be supported by our Head Office HR Team.
Designed for your happiness and your daily well‑being
Strong team work ethics: Our management team is open to coaching and guidance on developing positive employee relations. Our head office gives us the budget, the tools and the space we need to get things done and to develop friendly relationships both in the office and the production lines.
Top‑notch digital tools. Everything at Garaga is designed to help people do their jobs well. In the plant as well as in the office. Extranet with quoting and ordering for dealers. Automatic production start-up. We've been fine-tuning our systems for 20 years now. So, you can concentrate on what is really important in your job: relationship with the employees.
Be Part of Something Big
Strength in numbers and experience! The Big Garaga Team, it is more than 350 people, in 3 plants (Barrie, St‑Georges (QC), and Ponca City in the US). A Canadian family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years. An HR director and managers who have your work happiness at heart.
Financial health and a lot of growth. Friendly people who have given themselves tools and methods to integrate people humanly.
Entrepreneurship at its best! A corporate culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
- Business is People
Designed for your present and future happiness & well‑being.
Generous insurance plans: Group Health Care Benefits – Dental, Health Care and Paramedical Services, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance.
Tools to support you in all areas of your life: Employee and Family Assistance Programs.
Dollars for your retirement: RSP Matching Program. The sooner you think about it, the more it grows! What’s more -Garaga invests with you!
Activities and gifts 100% provided by Garaga: Christmas activities, Annual Golf Tournament, and summer BBQs, training, 2 Garaga clothing items per year, etc.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.