Career Opportunity > General Manager – Ponca City Operations
As General Manager, you will be responsible for implementing strategic initiatives that will improve the profitability, productivity and efficiency of all activities related to our Ponca City operations.
- Develop the operational capacities of our Ponca City plant facilities (capacity, quality, purchasing, logistics, safety, customer service, etc.) while guaranteeing high quality.
- Participate in the development of the annual strategic plan and identify the operational initiatives to be executed in order to achieve the growth objectives of the company. Provide expertise and advice on projects and operating systems that will achieve the annual plan.
- Identify, recommend and implement new processes, technologies and systems to improve and optimize operational processes as well as the use of resources and materials.
- Ensure that operational decisions such as those related to staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, material acquisitions and facilities are in line with the business plan and the vision of the organization.
- Introduce process improvement measures that will increase the gross margins of the product lines and ensure that the facilities have the necessary technologies and technical knowledge.
- Establish performance indicators and prepare weekly reports on the performance of all functions related to operations.
- Develop and maintain a teamwork environment and ensure that employee engagement and development plans are in place. Maintain collaborative relationships with union members representing factory employees.
- Foster innovation and the implementation of emerging technologies and be on the lookout for trends in operations management in the industry.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or in another field related to the manufacturing industry; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the industry including three years in a senior management position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally in French.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of continuous improvement principles and tools (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
General Manager – Ponca City Operations