It’s not always easy to find a good technician to repair your garage door or the right installer for your new garage door. Here is a list of 8 points that will help you choose a garage door specialist who you can trust completely.
- Ask around among your family members, friends and neighbors. Have any of them done business with this company? If yes, what was their experience?
- Visit the dealer’s website: are there consumer reviews or testimonials left by those who have used their services? If you know any of these people, contact them directly. Form an opinion about this company.
Place of Business
- Does the dealer have a place of business where you can see the choice of products they carry? By going there, you can also judge the company’s level of customer service. Your first impression really counts.
- Are they a member of a professional association like the IDA?
- Are they a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB)?
- Are they listed on sites such as Angie’s List or any other website that lets you judge the professionalism of this company?
- How long has the company been in business? How long have they been installing and repairing garage doors?
- Ask to have names of satisfied customers (address and phone number) who have used their services. Don’t hesitate in contacting them.
- Do they provide a 24/7 emergency phone number where you can speak to a technician about your garage door problem?
- If you have commercial garage doors, ask to hear about their “round the clock”, 7-day-a-week maintenance and support services.
- Ask to see their liability insurance coverage (should be at least $2 million).
- Can you be given a professional, detailed quote with everything that is included in the price, and what isn’t? But certainly not on the back of a business card!
- Ask to receive 3 different quotes so that you’ll have a better idea of your options.
- What type of guarantee do they provide for installation or on repairs made? Ask to see a copy of their warranty.
Don’t be afraid to ask all your questions because, after all, you don’t buy a garage door every year! Contact a garage door specialist in your area, and especially, pay them a visit. This way your questions will be answered on the spot and you will establish a relationship of trust soon after the visit.