Most people don’t realize that their garage door is the largest moving object of their home. Here is everything you should know about it as well as things you never dared to ask!
- The garage door, not the front entry door, is the main access point to the home for more than 70% of homeowners. (National survey)
- The garage door can command SIX TIMES more space than the front entry door.
- 71% of homeowners use garage door openers to get into their homes every day. (National consumer survey)
- Increase home value by 1-4%! An upscale garage door can increase the appraised value of your home by 1 to 4%. (StrataMark national study)
- 92% of all garage door manufacturers on com offer online door designers on their websites.
- Due to high spring tension, installing or repairing a garage door can cause serious injury or death. Find a pro at com
- Garages are getting larger. 23% of new one-family houses completed in 2014 had a three-car-or-more garage, compared to only 11% in 1992. (U.S. Census Characteristics of New Housing)
- 71% of homeowners who recently replaced their garage door believe it increased the value of their home. (Nationwide online survey)
- Garage doors can take up more than 30% of the front view of the house.
- Lose the garage door, lose the home. When hit with high winds, a home’s destruction often starts with the garage door, especially a double-wide, non-insulated, non-reinforced door. (FEMA report)
Source: Garagewownow.com, a non-commercial website created by the garage door industry, includes dozens of door photos from many manufacturers and includes a dealer locator.