Career Opportunity > Purchasing & Supply Manager – Barrie Facility
We are looking for a Purchasing and Supply Manager who has a proactive approach to problem solving and wants to be part of a growing Canadian manufacturing company.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Purchasing and Supply Manager will be accountable for strategic forecasting, contract negotiation, development of purchasing policies and procedures, ensuring the availability of materials required to support the manufacturing process, and ensuring adequate stock levels of inbound raw materials and components (inventory).
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Compensation: Based on Experience
- Work hours: Full time
- Job status: Permanent, Non-Union Position
- Work shift: Day
As a Purchasing & Supply Manager, you will:
- Build lasting relationships with Vendors including the selection and management of vendor performance
- Manage material sourcing and monitor the key commodity markets for such items to ensure competitive and fair pricing as well as availability
- Researches, analyzes, and forecasts current and future buying trends and markets
- Deliver briefs, updates, and reports as and when required
- Plan, organize, coordinate, manage and control logistics operations concerning purchasing, inventory control
- Proactively communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner
- Manage and conduct all RFP's/RFQ's and contracts
- Ensure supplier issues are resolved from a purchasing perspective
- Work closely with QA on vendor issues/ audits /CAR's, etc.
- Source secondary sources of supply for critical and large volume products as necessary
- Work closely with sister facilities to coordinate strategic purchasing opportunities
- Participate in cost reduction projects
- Manage and oversee the Purchasing Coordinator as direct report
What we are looking for in our Purchasing & Supply Manager:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Supply Chain Management or relevant field
- 5+ years with progressive purchasing experience in manufacturing industry
- Excellent business communication skills - both verbal & written
- Knowledge of tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive attitude, with a mindset for continuous improvement
Purchasing & Supply Manager
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.