Career Opportunity > Senior Advisor, Lean Manufacturing
Are you a problem-solving person and you do know about Lean best practices?
Do you like mentoring and teaching what you know best?
Do you have experience in an industrial manufacturing environment?
This career opportunity is for you!
When you hear Lean and Lean Six Sigma, you know what it means? Are you a fervor advocate of the Lean strategy and have the ability to implement and coordinate a strategy with a team? Do you know what stream mapping and process charting are and how to use them? You might be the team player we are looking for!
Are you looking for a generous company, both in terms of salary and benefits? A modern company, with useful technological tools that make your work easier? A family‑owned Canadian business that has strong family values and walks the talk? A company in very good financial health and experiencing a lot of growth? Apply now! You'll have it all with Garaga!
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH US!
For over 40 years, Garaga has been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. We are known for the reliability and quality of our products along with the impeccable service provided by our employees.
As our Senior Advisor, Lean Manufacturing, you will utilize Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, techniques, and tools to facilitate the transfer of such learning by developing and training individual champions and teams necessary to support continuous improvement activities consistent with business goals. You will also be responsible to conducts these activities in conjunction with other organizational functional leaders and members to facilitate support for implementing continuous improvements of all processes. You will prepare and make presentations and status reports to keep local and corporate leaders abreast of priorities, progress, and results.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hrs./ week, Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
- Garaga’s Mid-America manufacturing plant: Ponca City, OK
Our Senior Advisor, Lean Manufacturing Key Responsibilities:
- Develop a Lean strategy for the plant to include specific goals, objectives, timetables, action plans
- Train and mentor, the staff in the principles, methods, and applications of the Lean process
- Coordinate plant level Lean initiatives to ensure optimum use of resources and minimize waste
- Conduct time and motion studies and/or utilize value stream mapping and process charting to establish and validate production standards
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions, work procedures, standard operating practices, and directions with or without immediate supervision
The Senior Advisor, Lean Manufacturing Profile we are looking for:
- Minimum of 4 years technical degree in science, statistics, engineering, or quality or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in industrial manufacturing environment with excellent track record of business results. and increasingly higher levels of responsibility in line operations or lean/engineering leadership roles
- Have independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (preferred)
- Experience in team development – problem solving, conflict resolution, building cooperative relationships, and effective communications
Senior Advisor, Lean Manufacturing
GARAGA & MID-AMERICA, The Advantages That Come with A Just‑Big‑Enough Company, and the Cohesion, Respect & Fellowship of a Small Enough Team.
The Best of Both Worlds.
Just Big Enough
Strength in numbers and experience! The Great Garaga Team is more than 1 200 people and 4 facilities. A family business that has been thinking big for over 40 years. HR experts and managers who care about your happiness at work.
We are improving constantly improving. Welcoming people who have developed tools and methods to integrate people on a personal level.
A company culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
A GROWING company: Our sales and production are going extremely well. No slow down. No part time jobs. Permanent, year-round jobs.
But Small Enough to Care!
To build relationships, have fun, not too much hierarchy, but with advancement and challenges. We know you as a person.
We are looking forward to getting to know you. Our Warehouse Team is committed to helping you with your new duties.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING EVERY DAY
Strong team work ethics: Our management team is open to coaching and guidance on developing positive employee relations. Our head office gives us the budget, the tools, and the space we need to get things done and to develop friendly relationships both in the office and with customers.
Top-notch digital tools. Everything at Garaga is designed to help people do their jobs well. In the plant as well as in the office. Extranet with quoting and ordering for dealers. Automatic production start-ups. We've been fine-tuning our systems for 20 years now. So, you can concentrate on what is really important in your job: relationship with the employees.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.