Career Opportunity > Payroll Clerk
Have experience in payroll work?
Are you detailed-oriented and self-motivated?
This career opportunity is for you!
You’re well-known for being able to work effectively under time constraints and people say that you are highly organized while being also flexible and getting along well with others. Although you have good communication skills, people know they can trust you because you demonstrate an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information. YOU ARE THE TEAM PLAYER WE ARE LOOKING FOR!
Are you looking for a generous company, both in terms of salary and benefits? A modern company, with useful technological tools that make your work easier? A family‑owned Canadian business that has strong family values and walks the talk? A company in very good financial health and experiencing a lot of growth? Apply now! You'll have it all with Garaga!
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH US!
For over 40 years, Garaga has been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. We are known for the reliability and quality of our products along with the impeccable service provided by our employees.
As our Payroll Clerk, you will perform duties within the accounting department. You will also be working closely with multiple human resource departments. You will be responsible for processing weekly and potentially bi-weekly payrolls for multiple Garaga USA entities.
You will also monitor attendance reports and collect necessary data from employees, such as social security number, job title, and citizenship status. You will use this information to fill out paperwork. You will also impart information regarding benefit plans and worker's compensation.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hrs./ week, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program,Vision insurance.
- Garaga’s Mid America manufacturing plant: Ponca City, OK
Our Payroll Clerk Key Responsibilities:
- Serves as Payroll/Benefits Department courier.
- Coordinates and reviews unemployment claims.
- Oversees garnishments.
- Prepares employment verifications from all outside vendors. (eVerify)
- Administers Cobra by submitting to the 3rd-party administrator the Initial Notifications and Qualifying Events.
- Prepares and submits disability claim forms to insurance carriers.
- Assists with Employee Benefits Open Enrollment
- Insurance liaison for supplies and information for the packets.
- Assists with maintenance of computerized files including onboarding, orientation, and attendance.
- Compiles and prepares various forms, files, reports, and records from a variety of reference sources.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Prepares payroll journal entries.
The Payroll Clerk Profile we are looking for:
- Experience > Have a proven work history in payroll of at least 1 year – willing to train the right candidate.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance and follow the company Dress Code.
- A team player that gets along well with others.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrates flexibility, common sense, and good judgment.
- Interpersonal relation skills required.
- Must have basic knowledge of computers.
- Work experience in an insurance program is desirable.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
GARAGA & MID-AMERICA, The Advantages
of a Just Big Enough Company.
The Fellowship of a Small Enough Team.
The Best of Both Worlds.
Just Big Enough
Strength in numbers and experience! The Great Garaga Team is more than 1200 people and 4 facilities. A family business that has been thinking big for over 40 years in 2023. HR experts and managers who care about your happiness at work.
We are improving constantly improving. Welcoming people who have developed tools and methods to integrate people on a personal level.
A company culture of generosity, respect and recognition.
BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Vision insurance.
A GROWING company with deep family roots: Our sales and production are going extremely well. We offer permanent, year‑round jobs. Our co-presidents are twins. Their father founded Garaga back in 1983. The twins were born the same year. They grew up in the garage door manufacturing industry. They have very strong family values, and they walk the talk. Garaga DNA is one of Respect, Professionalism, Honesty, and Caring – for our customers, our colleagues, and our loved ones.
But Small Enough to Care!
To build relationships, have fun, not too much hierarchy, but with advancement and challenges. We know you as a person.
We are looking forward to getting to know you. Our Team is committed to helping you with your new duties.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING EVERY DAY
Strong team work ethics: Our management team is open and develops positive employee relations. Our head office gives us the budget, the tools, and the space we need to get things done and to develop friendly relationships both in the office and with customers.
Top-notch digital tools. Everything at Garaga is designed to help people do their jobs well. In the plant as well as in the office. Extranet with quoting and ordering for dealers. Automatic production start-ups. We've been fine-tuning our systems for 20 years now. So, you can concentrate on what is important in your job: relationship with the employees.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.