Career Opportunity > Logistics Supervisor
You have experience as a Logistics Supervisor?
You want to do a job that matters.
You want to be part of a successful and growing family-owned company.
With owners who invest to modernize the plant.
Owners who truly have Family Values, who walk the talk
by offering you the Best Benefit Plan for your family.
You are a man or a woman who loves to ensure efficient and cost-effective supply chain operations? Customer orders, carriers, dispatchers, shipments – you love this world! For you, it’s not just a job. IT IS A PASSION!
You have the skills. You have the attitude. You want to be part of a financially strong and growing business? You want to bring your knowledge to a manufacturer who believes and invests in modern technologies and best practices? You love to promptly find solutions to distribution issues, and you have strong negotiations skill? You are the team player we are looking for!
As Garaga Mid‑America Team Logistics Supervisor, you will be in charge of various functions that ensure goods are shipped and delivered within schedule.
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH US!
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Full‑time, Permanent
- Compensation: Very competitive
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hrs./ week, Monday to Friday
- Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
- Garaga’s Mid‑America manufacturing plant: Ponca City, OK
A tight‑knit team with a great A/C lunchroom to relax and stay connected 😊
GARAGA MID-AMERICA TEAM, The Advantages That Come with A Just‑Big‑Enough Company, and the Cohesion, Respect & Fellowship of a Small Enough Team.
The Best of Both Worlds.
Just Big Enough
Strength in numbers and experience! The Great Garaga Team is 350 people and 3 facilities. A family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years. HR experts and managers who care about your happiness at work.
We are improving constantly improving. Welcoming people who have developed tools and methods to integrate people on a personal level.
A company culture of generosity, respect and recognition.
BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
A GROWING company: Our sales and production are going extremely well, even with the COVID 19 situation. No slow down. No part time jobs. Permanent, year‑round jobs.
But Small Enough to Care!
To build relationships, have fun, advancement possibilities, and challenges. We know you as a person.
We are looking forward to getting to know you. Our Head Office and Management Teams are committed to helping you with your new duties.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING EVERY DAY
The strength of teamwork: The management team is open minded, friendly, and eager to meet you. Your director is open to new ideas and very approachable. You have coworkers who are there to show you how to do your job. The tasks are varied. It's easy to get to know each other, get along well and have a good work atmosphere. Here, you are NOT a NUMBER!
Do you like having up-to-date techno tools? Garaga Mid-America strongly believes in technologies and invests a lot to modernize the plant. Step by step, we are implementing the ERP that has proven its worth in other Garaga plants. Dealers can order directly on our extranet. Information is sent to our machines to make sure what is ordered is what is produced and shipped. Bar codes help reduce human errors along the ordering, manufacturing and delivery processes. Your customers are happier. Your carriers also. Your job is easier and more fun!
Your Mission, If You Accept it, is to:
- Sets carrier loading calendar (confirm what we load, when we load, with what carrier).
- From standardized zone truck route, build “milk run” route to minimize cost, meet customer needs & meet logbook requirements.
- Schedule delivery times and dates. Relay to customers and shipping partners.
- Set scheduling for actual shipping team to match carrier loading schedule. Identify priorities.
- Adjusts scheduling to ensure meets min /MAX standards, cost, and time efficiency.
- Assists with internal delays, make adjustments.
- Schedule material pickup at vendor.
- Schedule garbage and recycling pickups.
Customers Service Tasks:
- Responding to customer queries regarding shipment orders, requests for tracking information handling return requests and missing product.
- Locating missing product (finding where it was wrongly unloaded).
- Track all runs to make sure we are not ahead or behind schedule.
- Contacting customers to inform of adjustments to shipping schedule or delays in receiving shipments.
- Liaison with Customer Service.
- After hours calls – driver/dispatchers troubleshooting .
- Directs drivers to appropriate door locations and provides direction to employees in receiving.
- Respond to driver and shipping company queries.
- Contacting shipping companies to inform them of planned schedules, daily run sheet and any adjustments to schedules.
- Vetting new shipping partners.
- Entering data into PC Miller program (to make sure we meet logbook requirements & to issue P.O.).
- Prepare documents for drivers.
- Collect documents for drivers.
- Verifying what’s on truck matches documents.
- Create customs' paperwork.
- Follow strict CTPAT guidelines and the appropriate paperwork.
- Prepare UPS/FEDEX.
- Add in new customers into the system/ keep info up to date.
Are You the Super Teammate We Are Looking For?
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Business Analytics (preferred).
- 5+ years' experience in customer service or logistics management.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements.
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP).
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen on working in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.