Career Opportunity > Customer Service Manager
Have experience in Customer Service?
Enjoy managing and mentoring a team while treating customers with extra care?
This career opportunity is for you!
You enjoy providing an exceptional customer experience as part of a professional and cohesive team. You are well‑known for your strong administrative & organizational skills. You might be the team player we are looking for!
Are you looking for a generous company, both in terms of salary and benefits? A modern company, with useful technological tools that make your work easier? A family‑owned Canadian business that has strong family values and walks the talk? A company in very good financial health and experiencing a lot of growth? Apply now! You'll have it all with Garaga!
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH US!
For over 35 years, Garaga has been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. We are known for the reliability and quality of our products along with the impeccable service provided by our employees.
As our customer service manager, you will be responsible for managing customer service reps and monitoring their performance, while still providing excellent service to the customer. You will also resolve emergency issues, provide training for new employees, and will handle service issues beyond customer service rep capability.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hrs./ week, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
- Garaga’s Mid America manufacturing plant: Ponca City, OK
Our Customer Service Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, hiring, and training new customer service reps
- Researching strategies to further improve the customer experience
- Documenting customer service discussions and actions
- Maintaining accurate records and files of documentation
- Provide sales goals and encouragement to achieve goals
- Managing budget and expenses
- Setting and maintaining all customer service procedures and policies
- Addressing returns, refunds, credits, and shipping tracking numbers
- Recording, organizing, and filing customer interactions and profile/account changes
- Implementing customer service strategies to improve quality of service
- Addressing and resolving team and customer conflicts
- Anticipating and resolving customer service issues
- Evaluating representative performance
The Customer Service Manager Profile we are looking for:
- Excellent customer care and focus; ability to assess customers’ needs and provide correct answer, path, troubleshooting, or method for a positive customer experience.
- Able to supervise a Customer Service team.
- Able to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional voice and manner.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Previous working knowledge of overhead doors preferred but willing to train the right candidate.
Education & Experience of the Customer Service Manager we’re looking for:
- Required - High school degree or equivalent.
- Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business, or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in customer service/sales management roles, preferably in manufacturing or building components.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with tracking and recording call information, filing documents, or updating customer profiles/accounts. May include entering and tracking merchandise, scheduling with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
Customer Service Manager
GARAGA & MID-AMERICA, The Advantages That Come with A Just‑Big‑Enough Company, and the Cohesion, Respect & Fellowship of a Small Enough Team.
The Best of Both Worlds.
Just Big Enough
Strength in numbers and experience! The Great Garaga Team is more than 1200 people and 4 facilities. A family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years. HR experts and managers who care about your happiness at work.
We are improving constantly improving. Welcoming people who have developed tools and methods to integrate people on a personal level.
A company culture of generosity, respect and recognition.
BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS – NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance. Company pays 70% of benefits after 60 days.
A GROWING company: Our sales and production are going extremely well, even with the COVID‑19 situation. No slow down. No part time jobs. Permanent, year‑round jobs.
But Small Enough to Care!
To build relationships, have fun, not too much hierarchy, but with advancement and challenges. We know you as a person.
We are looking forward to getting to know you. Our Warehouse Team is committed to helping you with your new duties.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING EVERY DAY
Strong team work ethics: Our management team is open to coaching and guidance on developing positive employee relations. Our head office gives us the budget, the tools, and the space we need to get things done and to develop friendly relationships both in the office and with customers.
Top-notch digital tools. Everything at Garaga is designed to help people do their jobs well. In the plant as well as in the office. Extranet with quoting and ordering for dealers. Automatic production start-ups. We've been fine-tuning our systems for 20 years now. So, you can concentrate on what is really important in your job: relationship with the employees.
Physical Demands of the Customer Service Manager position
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a manufacturing environment and in an office setting.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas in the facility and access all machinery.
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.