Career Opportunity > Service Technician
Are you skilled in working with small tools? Are you meticulous, detail-oriented and a great judge? We're looking for someone like you!
Are you looking for a generous company in terms of salary and benefits? A modern company with great technological tools? A family‑owned Canadian business that has strong family values and walks the talk? A company in very good financial health and experiencing a lot of growth? Apply now! You'll have it all with Garaga!
For 40 years, we have been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. As a growing, family-owned company, we are known for the reliability and quality of our products and the impeccable service our employees provide.
Day to Day: Garaga is seeking a Service Technician for its plant in Barrie, Ontario. You will be responsible for making minor repairs of garage door panels on the road.
You must be customer-oriented and have an ease with communication. You have to be able to travel across Ontario for short or long periods of time. We can teach you most of what you need to know! What we can't teach is being on time, willing to work hard, and willing to learn.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Regular Hours of Work: 40 hr./ week
- Compensation: Based on experience
Our Service Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare orders for commercial motors and add or modify components of electric motors as required
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement program both in the plant and in the field
- Prepare and implement a Service Procedure Manual
- Support the Customer Service Department as a technical back-up
- Make samples of garage door panels with cutting tools
- Finish sample panels
- Make technical repairs with a kit adapted for minor repairs of garage door panels
- Document the customer's technical service by taking before and after photos of garage door panels
- Fill out the documentation with a customer service tablet
- Be 4-6 months as a Service Technician on the road; remaining time working at the manufacturing plant in Barrie
- All other related tasks.
The Service Technician Profile we are looking for:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in relevant field
- Technical background experience would be an asset
- Customer-oriented and have an ease of communication with customers
- Manual skills to work with small tools
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use a tablet computer and a cell phone
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Ability to judge
- Have a valid Class 5 driver's license in Ontario and are available to travel for several consecutive days over short and long distances in Ontario
- Communicate in English (an asset)
- Willing to travel anywhere in Canada
- Service Vehicle
- Meal Allowance & Accommodations while on the road
Service Technician in Barrie, Ontario
GARAGA, THE ADVANTAGES OF A LARGE COMPANY & MUTUAL SUPPORT OF A CLOSE-KNIT TEAM! THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!
Small is Beautiful!
Connect quickly with people, with room to grow and challenges, yet without too much hierarchy. We get to know you as a person.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR DAILY HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING
The power of teamwork: Indeed! The IT Department has 19 computer experts, including 6 technicians dedicated to IT support. Garaga IT department is a great team of people whose MOTTO is to HELP EACH OTHER OUT. You can refer to several people who have been there for a long time and will be happy to answer your questions. You won’t be alone. There are 19 of us who're into computers and technology and understand it 1000 times more than the users.
High Tech Network and Computer Equipment: All-flash storage, innovative security systems, advanced management tools. Garaga has been investing in its technology tools and data security since 1996. We have a significant budget, and the IT department is well respected, listened to, and important in the Garaga team. We are forward-thinking. We like to know about new ideas and best practices before anyone else.
Be Part of Something Big
Strength in numbers and experience! The Big Garaga Team, it is more than 1,200 people, in 4 facilities (Barrie, St‑Georges (QC), Ponca City (OK, USA) and Bemidji (MN, USA)). A family business that has been thinking big for 40 years. An HR director and managers who have your work happiness at heart.
Financial health and a lot of growth. Friendly people who have given themselves tools and methods to integrate people humanly.
Canadian entrepreneurship at its best! A corporate culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING BOTH NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous insurance: Group Insurance Plan, Medical and Paramedical Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
Tools to support you in all areas of your life: Free Virtual Healthcare, Extensive Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), etc.
Money for your retirement: RSP Matching Program. The earlier you think about it, the more it pays off! In addition, Garaga invests with you.
Activities and gifts paid 100% by Garaga: Christmas activities, Annual Golf Tournament, and summer BBQs, training courses, 2 Garaga clothing items per year, etc.
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.