Career Opportunity > Regional Director in Ottawa
You have exceptional mentoring skills?
You would like to coach leaders & their teams,
so your knowledge gets passed on?
Are you are looking for a generous & open-minded company,
flexible hours along with teleworking?
This is for you.
You used to own your own business? Or you have experience in coaching dealers or branch managers of a manufacturer or a brand? You have the skills. You have the will. And for you, it’s a shame if all your lifetime of experience is not transmitted to another generation of leaders? We have the perfect offer for you!
Looking for a company that has very flexible telecommuting and work schedule policies? A Canadian company that is in excellent financial health and is seeing a lot of growth. A manufacturer that has established a flourishing network of dealers in Canada and the United States. A generous employer that offers a competitive salary, a host of benefits and has great family values. APPLY NOW! You'll get all that at Garaga.
Reporting to the General Director – Quebec & Ottawa Regions, you will work closely with Garaga’s owners, high management and Garaga’s local managers in Ottawa to advise, counsel, and provide direction on all business-related matters. You will act as a coach for Garaga managers in Ottawa. You will be a key member of Garaga’s corporate team.
Garaga, the benefits
of a large company.
The support of a tight-knit
high management team.
the best of both worlds!
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Salary: To be discussed
- Work hours: Full time
- Job status: Permanent
- Work shift: Day
- Must be willing to travel around Ottawa
- Flexible hours
- A large company with over 350 employees
- A leader in its industry
- In excellent financial health
- Strong growth and many acquisitions
- A manufacturer of residential and commercial garage doors founded in 1983
- 3 manufacturing facilities: St‑Georges, QC, Barrie, ON and Ponca City, OK
- A large network of dealers and business partners in Canada and the United States
- A strong basis of finance and accounting is in their DNA
- A clear mission and vision with strong values.
About Garaga’s Corporate Team:
- Head office in St-Georges, Quebec
- 2 open-minded co-presidents willing to benefit from your experience
- Senior managers
- A stimulating and evolving environment
- Very receptive to new technologies
- A lot of change and agility
About the Regional Team in Ottawa:
- 7 managers and shareholders
- 3 locations in and around Ottawa
- Leaders who want to learn best practices and skills to bring their business to the next level
- Teams receptive to your ideas
- Business is People
You can see yourself with us?
As the Regional Director of Ottawa, you will:
- Create, implement, and evaluate the branch’s business plan.
- Assist the branch manager in hiring new employees, training, mentoring, supervising, and disciplining administrative staff to ensure the overall efficiency of daily operations.
- Monitor the financial transactions executed and the office activity performed at the branch office.
- Oversee office equipment maintenance, monitoring, calibration, and repair, as well as replacement of missing supplies, when necessary.
- Build and maintain strategic ties with the community, as well as network with existing and potential customers in order to establish long-term, trustworthy relationships.
The Regional Director we are looking for in the Ottawa Region:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Exceptional leadership and mentoring skills
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Experience in a building industry organisation
- Experience with multi-site operations
- Administrative skills
- High levels of integrity, credibility, and confidentiality
- University degree in business: an asset
- Bilingual (English & French): an asset
- Must be available for travelling around Ottawa
- Competitive remuneration & experience recognition
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Group Insurance Plan
- Medical and paramedical insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Wellness program
- Financial participation of 50% of the membership fees for fitness centers
- Several activities organized by the social club (participation is always on a voluntary basis), drawings for all kinds of cultural and sports events as well as 2 clothing items per year, all provided 100% by Garaga.
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Regional Director - Ottawa