Career Opportunity > HR Director, Manufacturing Division – Garaga Group
Are you passionate about your job, and would you like to play a key role in a leading manufacturing company which now wishes to implement the best HR practises?
Does the idea of supporting young co-owners in their dream by accompanying a solid HR team in a context of strong growth stimulate you? We have THE perfect role for you!
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Salary: To be discussed
- Position: Full time, Permanent
- Telecommuting/In-person: Hybrid and flexible
- Flexible hours – Possibility of a 4.5-day week
- All the benefits of large companies, including: Garaga contributes 4% to your Pension Plan AND you have free online health care
- Work shift: Day
Key responsibilities as HR Director, Manufacturing Division – Garaga Group:
In this key position, you will guide a team of HR professionals and will be responsible for implementing an HR strategy, allowing the achievement of our North American manufacturing ambitions. The position is located in St-Georges in Beauce.
Your responsibilities are divided between 3 distinct fields of activity:
- Participates in setting priorities and plans for special HR projects in collaboration with management, and HR shared services centre.
- Proposes and coordinates change management plans in various transformation projects or other organizational changes.
- Leads and executes integration and harmonization plans towards standardization and operational excellence.
- Proposes solutions for complex or non-standard problems having the potential to have an impact on many employees and or the entire company.
- Identifies areas for improvement in terms of automation, standardization, and centralization of processes and systems.
(in partnership with the HR shared services centre)
- Knows the market trends and best practices and identifies development needs in order to maintain our competitive advantage.
- Participates with management in periodic talent assessment activities in order to establish relevant development objectives and plans.
- Implements different programs such as internships and mentoring activities.
- Designs and deploys practices and programs to attract and retain top talents.
- Supports the development of human resources policies and operational procedures, and provides advice and recommendations to management.
- Interprets employee procedures, practices, policies and guidelines in new or complex situations.
- Defines the health and safety action plan and supports the implementation of preventive actions in collaboration with the local teams in our plants.
- Offers expertise and acts as an advisor with respect to health and safety, the well-being of employees as well as in the negotiation, interpretation and application of collective agreements.
- Orchestrates the sharing of best practices between the different locations.
Qualification required as HR Director, Manufacturing Division – Garaga Group:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management or another related field.
- Strong leadership and influence skills.
- Experience: 15 years, including 5 years in a management position in a national or international HR environment.
- Experience working in the manufacturing sector in Canada and the United States, both in a unionized and non-unionized environment.
- Strong knowledge and ability to interpret and apply Quebec/Canadian and ideally US labour laws.
- In-depth knowledge of negotiation techniques.
- Experience in implementing integration plans following acquisitions.
- Knows how to create and maintain a climate of trust and collaboration with each member of the management team by personifying our value "building together" on a daily basis.
- Inspires others with her/his leadership style; use coaching as leverage.
- Knows how to navigate in complex situations and identifies solutions for employees at all levels.
- Very good listening skills and curiosity that leads to be closely involved in key initiatives.
- Has exemplary rigour, planning and organizational skills and a strong ability to quickly grasp and synthesize strategic and operational issues.
- Versatile with technology and data driven.
- Previous experience with different HR and payroll systems.
- Willing to travel (15-20% of the time) in between our different locations in North America. Our facilities are in St-Georges, Quebec, Barrie, Ontario, and Ponca City, Oklahoma.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and in English.
- ASSET: CHRP designation.
- ASSET: Master’s degree in HR, business or related field.
HR Director, Manufacturing Division – Garaga Group
Garaga, the best of both worlds!
The company’s headquarters are located in the Greater Quebec City Area and manufacture garage doors across North America. Garaga has a very good reputation in its industry and is continuously growing.
We want to allow you to take all the challenges you seek, the latitude, and the space you need in order to have the impact you are looking for. The co-presidents are young, think big and give themselves the means to achieve their ambitions. They are at the forefront of the market both from a product and tech standpoint and wish to become so at the level of culture, employer brand and employee experience.
Garaga employs 1,000 employees including 450+ people in 3 plants (Quebec, Ontario and United States) and its head office. Garaga is a solid manufacturing company that has been thinking big for 40 years.
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.