Career Opportunity > Engineering Manager
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who wants to be part of a growing Canadian manufacturing company in Barrie, ON.
The Engineering Manager will improve manufacturing methods and drive innovation throughout the operation. Responsible for project planning and the commissioning of new machinery and product lines in coordination with Operation team.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Compensation: Based on Experience
- Work hours: Full-time
- Job status: Permanent, Non-Union Position
- Work shift: Day
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Primary responsibilities:
- Safety-all safety procedures are followed. Non-conformity is reported and addressed immediately.
- All manufacturing equipment is functioning
- Support production with engineering solutions
- Manage and/or assists all engineering team projects
- Manage and/or assists with project development for other plants
- Assists with machine troubleshooting for plant equipment, damaged machinery, or downtime issues. Work with production and maintenance team to find resolutions.
- Responsible for the reverse engineering of old machines including drawings.
- Ensures all machines are up to date in relation to safety requirements.
- Develop equipment- Conduct diagnostics for current issues and to be able to test productivity and reliability of equipment and processes
- Engineering team’s task assignments – coach, mentor engineering team
- Establish project timelines, ensures all projects are delivered on time every time
- Oversee engineering team and their projects
- Monitor current project’s progress
- Act as a technical resource
- Conduct meetings with other branches to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Review design strategies
- Monitor line 1 performance and review production reports
- Monitor plant to separate issues with scope of maintenance vs those in need of engineering solutions
- Review current methods, processes, and technology in relation to market trends and technological opportunities
- Responsible for planning of projects in coordination with other department
- Adjust for health and safety as required
What we are looking for in our Engineering Manager:
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience, preferably in a high-tech manufacturing environment
- Experience managing teams
- Competence creating engineering and other technical data (e.g., drawings, schematics, assembly process documents, product specifications)
- PLM experience including BoM control for product families
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Strong focus on continuous improvement (i.e., Lean Methodology, Theory of Constraints)
- Experience using CAD software, preferably SolidWorks, as well as strong computer literacy
- Experience working with machined and injection moulded parts
- Keen attention to detail and follow through for assigned tasks
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, automation, and Arena PLM will all be considered assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.