Career Opportunity > Customer Experience Manager
Are you a strategic team player?
Developing relationships with clients makes you feel alive?
Are you familiar with leading a Customer Service team to drive results?
This career opportunity is for you!
You enjoy coaching and sharing your customer service skill and knowledge through a close-up and cohesive team of passionate people. You like providing dynamic leadership and support while representing the customer’s voice. You might be the team player we are looking for!
Are you looking for a generous company, both in terms of salary and benefits? A modern company, with useful technological tools that make your work easier? A family‑owned Canadian business that has strong family values and walks the talk? A company in very good financial health and experiencing a lot of growth? Apply now! You'll have it all with Garaga!
For over 35 years, Garaga has been manufacturing garage doors to meet the industry’s highest standards. We are known for the reliability and quality of our products along with the impeccable service provided by our employees.
The Customer Service Manager ensures our customers have an exceptional world class experience from order to delivery. Responsibilities will include providing dynamic leadership to the Customer Service & Logistics team, developing skills through training, improving service quality, and representing the ‘customer’s voice’.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions to fill: 1
- Position: Full-time, Permanent
- Compensation: Based on experience
As our Customer Experience Manager you will:
- Mobilize the team by maintaining the culture of performance and improvement in place
- Manage individual performance of the Customer Service and Logistics Team - including development, training, coaching, and discipline when needed
- Oversee work assignments using in-house system to ensure balance among the department and respect for the work methods according to the priorities of the department
- Develop and maintain departmental KPI’s to drive accountability including response times, OTIF and CSAT
- Manage manufacturing and shipping schedules, ensuring they are efficient and in sync
- Participate with recommendations to strategic plans and reviews as part of the local management team and act as the “voice of the customer”
- Perform quality control checks of calls and tasks of customer service agents
- Oversee optimization of logistics load planning and routes
- Assist with logistic carrier negotiations on rates and availability
- Manage after sales service including customer escalations on claims or complaints
- Answer questions regarding quotes and claims
- Participate in the continuous improvement of internal processes
- Help to develop, implement, enforce, and evaluate policies and procedures for the department
- Communicate customer issues and concerns with production team
- Provide technical support for our products, management tools and systems such as “GaragaNet”
- Participate in recruitment and selection of new team members
- Prepare team meetings and other events for department
The Customer Experience Manager we are looking for:
- Experience in Managing a Customer Service Department: 5+ years
- Experience in Customer Service Roles (preferably in manufacturing or building components): 10+ years
- Experience in CRM systems
- Excellent business communication skills - both verbal & written
- Demonstrated experience in training and development of team
- Creative problem-solving skills and conflict management
- Experience is more important than a degree
IMPORTANT: Diversity. Inclusivity. Collaboration. Garaga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Customer Experience Manager in Barrie, Ontario
Garaga, the advantages
of a large company & mutual
support of a close-knit team!
the best of both worlds!
Small is Beautiful!
Connect quickly with people, with room to grow and challenges, yet without too much hierarchy. We get to know you as a person.
Our Customer Service Team is made up of over 30 dedicated Garaga individuals who are eager to get to know you and are committed to helping you in your new role.
Designed for your daily happiness and well‑being
Strong team work ethics: CS is a tight‑knit group of people whose motto is “We’re there for you.” An eagle‑eyed production management expert analyzes incoming requests and makes sure that everyone gets a fair share of work. Newcomers are integrated in a carefully considered manner. When they are better known and understand all the tasks, we try to give them the ones that best suit them.
Top-notch digital tools: Everything at Garaga's CS is designed to help people do their jobs well. Intelligent phone system. Computer with 3 screens. Intranet integrating all the stages of ordering for dealers and installers. Automatic production scheduling. We've been fine‑tuning our systems for 20 years, meaning you can focus on what's really important: customer relations and service.
Be Part of Something Big
Strength in numbers and experience! The Big Garaga Team, it is more than 1,200 people, in 4 facilities (Barrie, St‑Georges (QC), Ponca City (OK, USA) and Bemidji (MN, USA)). A family business that has been thinking big for over 35 years. An HR director and managers who have your work happiness at heart.
Financial health and a lot of growth. Friendly people who have given themselves tools and methods to integrate people humanly.
Canadian entrepreneurship at its best! A corporate culture of generosity, respect, and recognition.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAPPINESS AND WELL-BEING BOTH NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
Generous insurance: Group Insurance Plan, Medical and Paramedical Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance.
Tools to support you in all areas of your life: Free Virtual Healthcare, Extensive Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), etc.
Money for your retirement: RSP Matching Program. The earlier you think about it, the more it pays off! In addition, Garaga invests with you.
Activities and gifts paid 100% by Garaga: Christmas activities, Annual Golf Tournament, and summer BBQs, training, 2 Garaga clothing items per year, training courses, etc.