The Model J is an industrial-duty jackshaft door opener, as manufactured by The Chamberlain Group, Inc. and is for use on vertical or high lift sectional doors, rolling doors and grilles. It is rated for 25 cycles per hour during peak periods. Up to 80-90 cycles/day.
- Drive system : chain hoist
- Voltage/phase : 115/230V 1 phase and 208/230/460/575V 3 phase
24V NEC Class 2 Circuit with 40 VA transformer
- Horse power : available in ½, ¾ and 1 h.p.
- Minimum sideroom required: 20"
- Continuous-duty high-starting hoist operator with instant reverse.
- Removable hinged electrical box cover.
- Capacitor start on single-phase.
- Motor is removable without affecting limit switch settings.
- All operators are factory preset to C2 wiring, providing momentary contact to open and stop, with constant contact to close. Monitored entrapment protection, using approved photo sensors CPS-U are standard. All other wiring types, B2, T, TS and FSTS, can be selected with the selection of a switch. LiftMaster CPS-UN4 and CPS-RPEN4 photo sensors or a monitored 4-wire sensing edge (via a CPS-EI Edge Interface Card) are optional. Logic 4.0 door openers can only accept UL-approved LiftMaster CPS-U, CPS-UN4, CPS-RPEN4 or CPS-EI monitored entrapment protection devices.
- Universal mount frame design.
- First-stage heavy-duty 5L V-Belt; second and third stages #48 chain; #50 drive chain.
- Industrial ball bearings on 1" output shaft; heavy-duty oil-filled iron bearings on reduction shafts.
- Adjustable friction clutch helps protect against major damage to door and operator should the door meet an obstruction.
- Provides emergency manual operation using an electrically interlocked floor level disconnect and chain hoist mechanism.
- Motor overload protection.
- NEMA 1 type electrical box, heavy-duty 11-gauge steel frame with durable powdercoat finish, all reduction sprockets drilled and pinned to shafts.
- 1.5 second delay-on-reverse circuit to prevent premature door and opener wear.
- The Timer-to-Close automatically closes the door - programmable in 1-second or 15-second increments.
- The mid-stop stops the door at programmable mid-stop during open travel.
- The Maximum Run Timer signals the door to reverse or stop if closing time exceeds maximum by more than 10 seconds.
- Maintenance alert system (5 000 to 10 000 cycles).
Your security, our priority!
CPS® Commercial Protector System®
The presence of primary entrapment protection is standard CPS-U for all modes. Primary entrapment protection devices are monitored continuously to insure safe operation of the door and limit door opener functionality should an obstruction be detected or in the event of device failure. Optional LiftMaster Monitored Entrapment Protection devices, CPS-UN4, CPS-RPEN4 and CPS-EI, are designed to work in conjunction with LiftMaster commercial door openers to provide enhanced door safety and a broad range of modes and features to end users. Either monitored photo-sensor or monitored 4-wire sensing edge (in conjunction with the CPS-EI Edge Interface) protection may be selected, but one must be detected by the LiftMaster Logic 4.0 or Medium-Duty Logic circuit board in order to unlock full functionality.
PosiLoc® Mechanical Brake System
Self-locking mechanical reduction system functions as a holding brake.
Garage doors and garage door openers can be dangerous if not installed and verifed by a professionnal and not used properly . Chidlren must be supervised by an adult when they are inside or in proximity of the garage.
Included with the LiftMaster J door opener
- LiftMaster J door opener
- Chain Tensioner
- 3-Button Control Station
- Receiver included (transmitter in option)
- Hardware bag for installation (includes all necessary hardware for installation)
Optional accessories for the LiftMaster J door opener:
Single-Button Remote Control 315MHz (371LM)
Our basic single-button remote control isn't so basic. It can operate a single garage door or gate, or turn your garage door opener lights on/off. You can also use it as an extra remote control to turn on lights or small appliances inside your home – all from the comfort of your car.Get additional access and security with our single-button remote control. Use it to open and close a single garage door or gate, or as an extra remote to turn interior lights and small appliances on inside your home.
3-Button Remote Control 315MHz (373LM)
Our basic 3-button remote control isn't so basic. It can operate up to 3 garage doors or gates, and/or turn your garage door opener lights on/off. You can also use it as an extra remote control to turn on lights or small appliances inside your home – all from the comfort of your car.Get additional access and security with our 3-button remote control. Use it to open and close 3 garage doors or gates, or as an extra remote to turn interior lights and small appliances on inside your home.
Mini 3-Button Remote Control 315MHz (890MAX)
Are you always on the go? Our mini 3-button remote control is a miniature version of our 3-button remote control, and just as powerful. It can open and close 3 garage doors or gates, turn opener lights on/off, and/or turn on lights and small appliances in your home. And the best part is that it can fit almost anywhere – in your purse, your pocket, or even on your keychain.Get control on the go. Our mini 3-button remote control is small enough to fit in your purse, in your pocket, or on your keychain, and can operate 3 garage door openers or gates, or lights and small appliances.
Wireless Keyless Entry System 315MHz (377LM)
Access your garage and home without the use of a key or a remote control. The LiftMaster® Security+® Wireless Keyless Entry can open your garage door using a code that you program directly into the unit. There is also a temporary password option that enables family, friends, or service people to enter the garage/your home without giving them your personal code.
• Backlit keypad which makes numbers easy to see, even in the dark.
• One-button-to-close feature makes it easier than ever to close your garage door.
Commercial Protector System® (CPS-UN4)
| CPS-RPEN4 Retro-Reflective Photo Eye makes installs faster and simpler, by only having wiring on one side of door and Reflector on the other. Range of 50 feet in most cases. NEMA-4 rated.|| |
| If CPS-U / CPS-UN4 photo sensors are present, a non-monitored 2-wire electric edge or pneumatic (air hose) edge may be used as ancillary protection devices. || |
Rolling Door Interlock Switch
|Interlock switch disables the operator control circuit when a manual door lock is engaged, preventing damage to the door and opener.|| |
|Heavy-duty solenoid-actuated brake|| |
Emergency Egress Device
|Faceplate mounts flush on wall and contains pull handle to disconnect door opener from grille. Allows the door to be opened manually or by spring tension.|| |
Vehicule detection system
(65-8202) Pneumatic Sensing Edge Kit with exterior air switch, 2-wire coil cord and 14' air hose.
(65-5202) Pneumatic Sensing Edge Kit with exterior air switch, 2-wire take-up reel (20' extended) and 14' air hose.
(71-6023)For 1" shafts. Recommended to properly tension drive chain between operator shaft and door shaft.
(71-6125) Same as 71-6023, but for 1-¼" shafts.
Antenna Extension Kit
|The antenna extension kit can be used with EXT-ANT for maximum radio receiver range.|